Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Janet Frame Memorial Lecture

Word has slowly been filtering back to us about the wonderful recognition Joy Cowley gave us in her Janet Frame Memorial Lecture.
My biggest regret was not being there to hear Joy give this amazing lecture in person. I never realised how young children's publishing is in New Zealand. I always thought we had entered the game a long way down the track, when in reality we've been involved with a really good proportion of it all.
I was also fortunate enough to have lunch with Wendy Harrex in Dunedin last week, and listening to how children's publishing first came about in New Zealand was fascinating. There really is a story within all of this, maybe not a book, but I'd really like to hear more.
Joy has been such a fabulous advocate for our work and the ride we had with Joy, Gavin Bishop and Gecko Press is something I will cherish for the rest of my career.
I really just can't thank you enough Joy, for so fully understanding and recognising the role that book design plays in producing a great book.


No comments:

Post a Comment