Monday, July 19, 2010

Finally a blog post

My name is Trisha and I was employed at Book Design in April 2010 as Administration Manager. For the last 2 months I have managed to avoid completing my fortnightly blog - using excuses like, "I am not creative, sorry forgot, too busy, can't make administration a interesting subject to anyone except another administrator or just keeping quiet when nobody reminded me" but those excuses are no longer valid and you will be hearing from me every 2nd Friday (bosses orders)!

It has been a real change of environment for me working in a very small team, working from a home office and of course the whole field of book designing. One of my hobbies has always been reading with my favourite series at the moment "Titles" by J. D. Robb but like most people have not given alot of thought to how books are produced! Well that has changed now and am loving learning more about the industry - especially the children's books we help produce. As a grandmother of 3 girls aged between 2 and 10 am taking a stronger interest in purchasing books for them.

Well that's it for my 1st posting - hope it wasn't too painful for you. Am thinking that for my postings it might be fun to include a book review of anything that has taken my fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment